26.5.10

i don't know what it is but there's definitely something going on upstairs

The last few days in Toronto have been insanely hot.. well, hot in comparison to the weather we were experiencing a mere two weeks ago! You would think that by growing up in Australia (especially Perth!) that I would be accustomed to warm weather as a typical summer includes weeks on end of 40+ degrees Celsius, but, apparently not, as high 20's is enough to make me long for Autumn days.. 

Do you guys experience the whole receiving-ugly-jewellery-from-relatives-and-friends dilemma? I mean, not to sound ungrateful but I have gotten many ugly necklaces and such which I would prefer not to wear.. are you supposed to keep them for years and years or something? I've yet to face an awkward situation regarding this topic but I feel bad about giving it away, or just throwing it out.. Of course, this is completely unrelated to the above picture because I love my watch (from mum, Christmas 2007) and bracelet (from my grandmother,  August 2009). I've actually never worn this bracelet before and recently discovered it in a box under my bed.. no idea why I put it there without wearing it when it's so pretty!










Check out my yellow nails.. which IS chipping badly, but still is an awesome colour! Lately I've been putting lemon slices in water bottles and then freezing it as its a lovely drink to have throughout the hot day at school, and today my friends remarked that my nails matched the lemons. It's the little things, you know? :)


Thinking I might need to start tanning soon.. ahaha how embarrasing to unleash the beasts after a cold winter! ;-)

I hate my feet and this picture manages to somehow hide the hideousness of them, while showing you my new sandals at the same time..
shirt- Costa Blanca
shorts - Costa Blanca
necklace - Le Chateau
bracelet, watch - gifts
shoes - H&M
Polina.
blog title from the song - Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

3 comments:

  1. Awww your shirt is so pretty and love those shoes.I was debating getting them.

    I know. I hate the weather. too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be bad, but if I don't like it then I don't keep it. I've yard sold gifts before, and I've regifted before too. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your outfit you look stunning:) hehe love the bracelet too, wow its just getting really cold here ( perth, australia) hehe miss that warm weather
    x
    mel

    peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails